Hello. I’m Karen Dempsey, and I offer psychotherapy and counselling to individuals and couples in Purley, Paddington and Clapham – as well as online counselling via Skype.
I am a UKCP registered psychotherapist, and a registered member of the BACP. My approach is integrative and transpersonal. I abide by the professional guidelines set out in the BACP’s Ethical Framework.
As well as my private practice – where I work on an open-ended basis – I offer short-term counselling at an NHS surgery in Lambeth, supporting patients who are experiencing depression and anxiety. I am a Clinical Team Leader for an IAPT service, managing placement therapists working at The Awareness Centre in Clapham.
I have also been involved with voluntary and charitable agencies:
- Help Counselling in Notting Hill, working long term to help people through their stress, depression, anxiety and relationship troubles – and to discover hope, strength and self-esteem.
- Cruse bereavement counselling service in Croydon, supporting people through their grief.
- City Pregnancy Counselling & Psychotherapy, specialising in miscarriage and pregnancy-related issues – for men and women.
- The Caravan in Piccadilly, offering counselling and listening services to people who reach out to someone when they have nowhere else to go.
- Association for Pastoral Care in Mental Health in Croydon, working with people living with mental illness in the community, and helping to run creative writing groups.
My qualifications include:
- MA in Transpersonal Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Transpersonal Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy
- CPD in Couples Counselling
- CPD in the Trauma of Miscarriage
- Certificate in Integrating CBT Modalities
- Awareness in Bereavement Care – Cruse
- MA in Creative Writing
If you’d like to know more about working with me, please call 07956 823501 for a confidential chat, or you can email me.